Recommended changes to the game

Re: Recommended changes to the game

Postby poverty » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:28 pm

My suggestions:
1) For end of the month pvp & tourney rewards, include other expansion cards in the rewards such as origin, portals, champion cards. We only get the old Mystery box cards and this does not help long term veteran plays much. Duplicate legendary cards can only be sold for 200 gold since auctions no longer exists. This hurts player morale when the duplicate legendary cards you loot pretty much have little value.

2) Make tourney (hard) free to play and reduce tourney hard's rewards. I propose No gold cost to tourney, no gold rewards, and less random cards given to players. My proposed changes will help new players get the exclusive tourney cards and allow players to actually finish their daily quest without significant gold costs.

It appears the developers refused to change tourney hard's difficulty given the new upgrades to enemy AI deck (seatrons, rainos), due to improvements in Ai's play style. Before the patch, lake tourney hard was my favourites due to its low cost and relatively high win rate (when played properly with decent / satisfactory hands). After the big patch, I cannot win any tourney efficiently because of various changes to enemy deck composition and improved play style of AI.

Tourney hard ladder participation has suffered significantly when comparing # of monthly wins before the big patch and after the patch. The current tourney hard system in my opinion will harm player growth significantly and player morale.

3) Update the Trash can User interface. When selling a card, after drag and drop, a window should pop up asking how many you want to sell, and the player either keys in a # of how many cards to sell, or clicks and hold onto a + / - button to sell the desired # of cards. Drag and dropping the same cards 100 times is not fun.

I don't use the non-craft related button because that can destroy all my champion cards that I might need for future crafting. Also, if the developers plan to release a player to player trade/sell system, using this button is anticipated to be a bad idea.

4) Make the earth and wind emblems available to players. From what I was told, earth and wind emblems cannot be obtained by players which makes this game incomplete.

5) Separate out gym history (people completing tourneys, pvp wins) and gym chat. It can be difficult to chat in gyms or retain an ongoing conversation if there is a lot of gym activity.

About the suggestion to make gyms bigger
Making gyms bigger is a beneficial because that generally means more raids completed (assuming the gym members are active). However, I am a pessimist and I anticipate that the developers will foresee this growth and just make the raids harder & have more hp. If the active player population is small and developers make gyms bigger + increase group raid hp/difficulty, making a successful gym for raids will be more difficult because gym leaders will need to recruit more strong and active members (which can be a challenge already).

If you want to reduce the # of gyms available, I recommend adding a feature that auto disbands gyms that are clearly inactive after a prolonged period of time.
poverty

Newcomer

Postby Kramito » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:50 am

Hello,

Thanks all of you for your feedback, some of the ideas and suggestions we're eager to implement them and you can expect things such as the missing stones available for the next update.

Regards,
Kramito

Site Admin

Postby poverty » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:06 am

Hello

I have some concerns with this game, and its steam release.

Issue 1: It is cheaper to spend real money in steam version of this game when compared to a platform like kongregate. This price difference creates an unfair advantage for those who are willing to spend real money based on the platform a player picks.

Issue 2: On Steam, this game received mixed reviews. Mixed reviews hurts your ability to get new players.
Most people complain that it is pay to win. In truth, this game is grind to win and can be pay to win. Likely, steam players do not know that they are starting out with a major disadvantage when facing old players. Some people get stuck on pve and then just rage quit as well.

Older players had more time to build their cards, resources, and complete hard tourney easily before the July 2019 Patch (and get those tourney exclusive cards a lot cheaper). This game was out several years ago, making it a massive challenge for the newer steam players to catch up. If a new steam player joins pvp, and finds they fight people with mega legendary decks, they may rage quit thinking everyone is pay to win. There is just no segregation between steam players and other players from other platforms.

Issue 3: I suggest reworking the referral system. Most new players do not know about the friend referral code when below level 8 (free 100 gold). It is very easy to just finish 8 levels and not know about the referral system. People who don't have friends in this game will struggle to find a referral code quickly unless they do research or find some kind of chat that has players offering their referral code.

Issue 4: Referral system effectively prevents players from accessing some cards like evotron. If you legalized multi accounts for referral rewards (Based on your reply to one of my comments), there is incentive to create 75-100 accounts to get those rewards if the player is serious. In my opinion though, this is excessive, can create burnout and does not actually help with your interests (Especially when those 75-100 accounts will just be dumped afterwards).
My advice: sell the referral exclusive cards for some raid points.

Issue 5: A promise was previously made to release the wind and earth emblems in the next update. The balancing update was made and there was still no release of the earth and wind emblems.

Issue 6: The changes worsen punchy in pvp. In the past, this card was 16/16 and 32/32 (mega legendary). Now the stats on Punchy is horrible 7/7, 14/14. In the past, this cards value comes from its ability to gamble and potentially hit hard quickly, perhaps as a last resort. now this card cannot hit hard, is still a gamble and can only be used in dire situations effectively (like in a losing stance). Overall, the issue with electric creatures is their unstable nature thus making them unpopular.

Issue 7: tourney hard still not popular & is not worth completing for new and old players. If you want to encourage growth, getting players to complete tourney hard is a great way to get them to feel like they accomplished something. But the market for tourney hard is limited because:
Old players probably have the tourney exclusive cards already and can only sell them to the trash can.
Newer players will find tourney hard extremely difficult, and costly. Losing is painful because it cost so much gold and the success rate is just too poor (even if you know the best cards to play). The rewards for tourney hard have not improved at all. The evidence is also found in tourney hard ladder participation. Tourney leaders winning approx 30-40 per month is poor participation compared to 100-150 tourney hard wins that was done before the July 2019 patch. The really sad part is that there are players who only completed one tourney hard and are in the tourney ladder rankings.

I think steam players will just think the tourney system is pay to win & further adds to the reason for all the mixed reviews.
poverty

Newcomer

Postby Kramito » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:11 pm

Hello,

We're doing some adjustments to the game, starting with balance changes, and some more to come (with the addition of the missing emblem cards). About your feedback, we understand some of your points, and we tried to solve them in the past and we keep working on that.

The addition of steam was something that we wanted to do for a long time and while we understand that new players are behind that veteran players, this is something natural, but we changed several quests to reduce the impact between them.

About referral system, we can't control if players use multiple accounts, we created this system to encourage players to get friends to the game and get rewarded.

Regards,
Kramito

Site Admin

Postby lp42 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:20 pm

Im an old player that restart playing abit in the last month, and here is my 2 cents from what i gathered from playing and reading some posts:
-About Devs and Updates: There is much complaining and little shown. I think players need transperancy to see thats something actually being done. Months between updates is too much. Better to update smaller and more regularly. "We will look into it" and "we will consider it" and etc arent good enough responses either, thats just filler and players feel like they are talking to a wall. "We will implement it" is a little better, but fails on point 1: we need to actually see it, not a timeless update that can never come. From 2 years ago to now, we see more material, but nothing NEW. More cards, more maps, more raids. We dont need MORE of the same, we need BETTER. Actually, it has LESS, lost the auction. It did add the Battle pass, which has too many bugs (it gave me a summon a leg achievement in the middle of a raid, for example), and is nothing more than quests with a diferent name and more real-money-catching probability.
-About FAIR PLAY: Cheating shouldnt be allowed, that much is obvious. But what you also dont want is the toxicity between the players in the game. Allow a report button, not just a mute, both for chat and for players thought cheating. After x reports, check it out (and check it well). And im not going to say more about it because i dont want to point fingers at anyone.
-About the GAME:
1-Vets and Noobs: There is too much diference between veteran and new players, yes. The more time passes, the bigger the distance. So to diminish the distance, you must raise the speed. Cheaper and easier hard tourneys, more gold earned in map, less health on easy raids. Decreate mystery chest cost and remove mystery box altogether.You can actually diminish chest prices before level 50 too, because players arent going to stay on level 49 to farm chests when level 50 gives them raids.
2-Torneys: Already mentioned above, and like other people already said: hard tourneys dont pay off right now. Even knowing how to play well, its too random, ai too unpredictible with too good cards. At least in lake/ruby, the tourneys good for starting people you can cut the price, or add some hp to the player, or remove cards like one stone from lake or cubix from ruby. For older people, Jungle needs an epic+ card reward in a win, or just remove 10hp from the opp in last round. playing against dive and sleep(seatron) with 3 ap when you must deal 25damage a turn is not worth paying 150 gold in exchange for a rare card. Cant speak as well for tempest or area52 but im betting they need a readjust as well.
3-PVP: Dont let people match more than 3 in a row. It just gets repetitive. Do monthly cups (not affecting normal season) with diferent pvp options, like only rares, only grass, only dragon or mystic or mech. Type cups are bad for starting players, but rarity cups are good. Yes, vets will always have the upper hand. But difference is definitly smaller. And gives a good ideia to new players of what are the good common cards.
4-Deck: Needs a 3rd slot costing game money instead of real money. the other 2 should stay 'premium', yes. And more Important-Sorting: most people dont know ability names. You want to sort by 'gain hp', 'reduce atack', 'damages/kills monster', 'shield', etc. Also, when you favorite the card so you dont accidentaly trash it, you dont want to block it from fusing. It can ask for a confirmation, but to block completly is just bothersome.
5-Gym: Disband gyms that have no activity for 2 weeks or something.
6-TRADE: trade is very important, both for new and veteran players. Allow trades between players costing gold depending on rarity (same rarity, including mega stars) - and limit the number of trades a month. Like, one person can only trade 1 mega, 2legs, 5 epics, 10rares, 20 commons a month max. mega costs 1k gold, leg 500 gold, epic 200, rare 100, common 50 to trade.
7-FUSING: needs a guide, many people have to ask how to. Do one mandatory fusion in the beggining of the game to a rare costing 0 gold.
8-Battle Pass: So many bugs. Better not to mention at all, its mostly unnimportant though.

Those are my suggestions for now, take it, or just say 'we will consider it' and ignore it. truth is people are not happy, not because of the game, because, if they are playing, its because they like the game, they arent happy with YOU. Obviously i am not saying to listen to everyone (the first post in this thread makes me cringe), and obviously not ban someone people the other person lost a pvp and complained, but to take people seriously, investigate, say NOT GENERIC answers, and be more TRANSPARENT, not a black box that releases something from month to month.
lp42

Junior Trainer

Postby Kramito » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:28 am

Hello,

Thanks for taking your time with this post, there's a lot of interesting information.

We understand that transparency is really important and we tried our best during these weeks to solve the issue with the pvp. While we can't inform the specific actions against offender accounts (we only inform to the owner of the account if we suspend his account), I can assure you that we spent a lot of time investigating and taking measures.

About all the other suggestions such as the Battle Pass or the Hard Tourneys, we'll take it into account for future updates as we have the same opinion in some of your points.

Regards,
Kramito

Site Admin

Postby fancho » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:19 pm

Hello !

Very interesting post from lp42 ;D

@Kramito : You can't inform us who has been banned but perhaps you can inform how many accounts have been ?

About point 6 in lp42 list -Trade : is "TCG" in game name for "Trading Card Game" ? I know there was a trading system in the past but it's been a long time it has desapears.
Question to lp42 (or other players or Kramito) : You're talking about fixed price depending on the rarity of the card that been traded. How do you imagine how to match buyer and seller ? 1 menu buyer and 1 menu seller and the first that apply make the transaction ?
fancho

Trainer Student

Postby lp42 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:41 am

fancho wrote:Hello !

@Kramito : You can't inform us who has been banned but perhaps you can inform how many accounts have been ?

About point 6 in lp42 list -Trade : is "TCG" in game name for "Trading Card Game" ? I know there was a trading system in the past but it's been a long time it has desapears.
Question to lp42 (or other players or Kramito) : You're talking about fixed price depending on the rarity of the card that been traded. How do you imagine how to match buyer and seller ? 1 menu buyer and 1 menu seller and the first that apply make the transaction ?

thanks ;)
at the time i wasnt thinking in an impementation level, there are many ways to do it (do you want to offer trade with a specific person? or just put an offer in a 'market' so anyone can accept?), anyway, i think maybe the easier way to do it (maybe not the most flexible, but would work well enough and be easy to implement i think) would be (imagine you want to trade an epic):
- one player would click on the other player name and click 'trade', then select epic rarity, browse through your epics to select a card to give, browse through all epics to select a card to receive, send invite. other player accepts (and confirms), then trade is done (cards traded, gold subtracted).
lp42

Junior Trainer

Postby fancho » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:32 pm

lp42 wrote:
fancho wrote:Hello !

thanks ;)
at the time i wasnt thinking in an impementation level, there are many ways to do it (do you want to offer trade with a specific person? or just put an offer in a 'market' so anyone can accept?), anyway, i think maybe the easier way to do it (maybe not the most flexible, but would work well enough and be easy to implement i think) would be (imagine you want to trade an epic):
- one player would click on the other player name and click 'trade', then select epic rarity, browse through your epics to select a card to give, browse through all epics to select a card to receive, send invite. other player accepts (and confirms), then trade is done (cards traded, gold subtracted).

With my solution, to trade with a specific person, you have to synchronize with him to the moment you'll put the offer on, then he have to apply to get the card.
fancho

Trainer Student

Postby Foxgirl1337 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:01 pm

Hi all !

PLENTY of ideas were brought but this game is going nowhere if the devs don't take it seriously. ANY changes brought to this game would be utterly pointless and useless if The absolute most important factor isn't dealt with ONCE AND FOR ALL !

The dissolution of Warcraft and it's cheaters !

Until the time where they get "free Passes" and "get out of jail free" cards... ceases, this game is going nowhere ! No matter how much money they invest in your game Frozenshard !

So, we can all talk for hours on ideas and we can create post after post after post and thread after thread but until you guys take it Seriously and this MAJOR issue is truly dealt with, ANY change or Idea is absolutely futile ! (seriously btw means actions, not just nice words).

I'm not being "negative" here, I'm being realistic ! Such is the state of this game right now... You choose Frozenshard, equality and fair treatment for ALL players or special treatment for special spenders.... You're in complete control of the future of this game ! Your move !'

Foxgirl1337 a.k.a Avadakedavra !
Foxgirl1337

Newcomer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion